Ethics - professionals in business – micro course
This intermediate micro course is designed to guide professional accountants working in business to explore ethics in their businesses and personal lives. By completing this micro course, professional accountants in business will acquire knowledge and tools deepen their ethical awareness and further develop their ethical judgement.
As a professional accountant, you have a responsibility to uphold the profession's Code of Ethics. The Code was established by globally recognised standard-setting bodies and aligns with international standards. Chartered Accountants ANZ holds its members accountable to the provisions of the Code.
The Code provides requirements and guidance to professional accountants with respect to their practice. In this micro course, you will explore business ethics and the challenges of working ethically in an ambiguous business environment. This micro course will remind you of your obligations under the Code and you will explore how to apply the Code’s conceptual framework through a business lens.
The Code was updated in 2021 and 2022, and we will give particular focus to the amendments made in those revisions. If it’s been some time since you’ve reviewed the Code, this micro course will refresh your knowledge and will bring you up to date with your obligations under the Code.
Key benefits of attending this micro course include:
- Strengthen your mindset and ethical conduct to maintain compliance with the code and how to continue building public trust in the accounting profession
- Understand how to identify facts and circumstances that can lead to unethical conduct
- Reflect on your own biases and influence that may be applied to you to ensure ethical conduct and compliance with the Code
- Navigate ethical dilemmas using an ethical decision-making framework
- Navigate situations of non-compliance with laws and regulations (NOCLAR), guided by the NOCLAR provisions of the Code.
By completing this micro course, you’ll be able to:
- Reinforce your understanding of an ethical mindset and the ethical conduct required to maintain compliance with the Code
- Identify the importance of ethical conduct and an ethical mindset to maintaining trust in business and the accounting profession
- Develop awareness of facts and circumstances that can compromise compliance with the fundamental principles of the Code
- Examine personal biases and key influences that can influence your ethical conduct and compliance with the fundamental principles of the Code
- Apply ethical decision-making processes to determine appropriate actions when faced with ethical dilemmas
- Understand the provisions that apply to non-compliance with laws and regulations (NOCLAR) and navigate situations where NOCLAR exists.
Learn more about micro coursesor explore other available topics.
Group discounts are available for 5+ participants. Please submit an enquiry and you will be directed to an account manager to discuss your training needs.
This micro course series will be taught on the CA ANZ My Capability - Learn Learning Management System, which can be accessed via computer, laptop or other similar technology. For an excellent experience, the technical requirements below are recommended, however the course will function with lower specifications.
Windows 10 (latest version)
Mac OSX Catalina (10.15)
10 Mbps download
4 Mbps upload
Chrome (latest version)
MS Edge (latest chromium version)
RAM (random access memory)
8 GB (<75% used)
1280 x 1024 px
1280 x 720 px
Topic: Ethics & Integrity
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 2 hours