Strategic Financial Management - eLearning
This activity is published by accountingcpd.
All year round, and on every accountingcpd purchase you make, get 10% off as a CA ANZ member. Just use code CAANZ101.
Please note you will be directed to accountingcpd to purchase this product
This course argues that, if you concentrate on looking backwards, you will find it difficult to play your rightful part at the strategic level of management.
Less functional approaches to management have had a big impact on control systems and have left the traditional accounting model looking inappropriate and even misleading.
This course brings together financial management and strategic management and provides the financial criteria for all management decision making – maximising the net present value of projected cash flows – focusing in particular on the two key ingredients: cash flow and net present value.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Understand the limitations of traditional accounting models in an increasingly dynamic and fast changing world.
- Contribute more effectively to corporate strategy by taking a more proactive and forward-looking approach.
- React to conditions of rapid change through enhanced awareness, anticipation and adaptation.
- Understand and use alternative expressions of profit that start with a recognition of the impact on cash flow of the various stakeholders in a company.
- Understand the different relationships between profits, expansion and cash flow model in the traditional accounting and financial management models.
- Monitor the success of projects, strategies and even total businesses by articulating NPVs over time.
- Understand how strategic financial management fits together in an integrative model.
This course will develop your skill and confidence to drawn on knowledge gained to analyse problems and strategic issues faced by a financial manager in the contemporary business environment.
No materials distributed.
No assessments required.
Topic: Corporate Finance
Sub-Topic: Finance Management
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 4 hours